- S. Korea Ferry incident: Body of boy who raised alarm believed found
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Parents of victims attack top official
- MH370 Tragedy: Opposition leader warned from speculating on missing plane
- Obama lookalike takes it in stride
- Dog attack victim doesn't want family to know ordeal
- S'gor police bust biggest money laundering syndicate
- Firefly flight forced to turn back shortly after take off
- MH370 Tragedy: MAS has settled about 96 per cent claims from Chinese families
- MH370 Tragedy: RMN's Bunga Mas 6 reaches search area
- MH370 Tragedy: Material washed ashore Augusta not from missing plane - ATSB
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot's brothers seen carry clothes and toiletries
- Owner of dogs which attacked three and tore off scalp of maid remanded
- Indonesia international school faces new sex abuse claims
- Obama's visit a recognition for Malaysia, says Jamaluddin Jarjis
- KD Tunku Abdul Rahman submarine proves RMN's capabilities More
KUALA LUMPUR -- Participants of the opposition-led rally at Stadium Merdeka this afternoon started holding street demonstrations around Dataran Merdeka and the vicinity of the venue from around 10.45 this morning.
At the Dataran Merdeka-Jalan Raja Laut-Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman confluence, some 40 demonstrators - all donned in green T-shirts - were seen carrying banners and shouting slogans to call for the Lynas advance materials factory in Kuantan, Pahang to stop its operations.
At Stadium Merdeka, a crowd of about 3,000 people had gathered outside its main entrance despite the rally to only begin at 2pm.
Some were shouting "reformasi", "reformasi" while among them there were those who brought along their children despite this being an offence under the Peaceful Assemblies Act 2012. -- BERNAMA