- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- Cars burnt as workers riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- New Miss France says proud of 'cosmopolitan' country
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Boat with 13 commandos feared capsized
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- Former RMAF chief Mohamed Ngah dies
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- US singer wows in 'Arabs Got Talent' show
- 'No place for Shia'
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Hockey: Malaysian Juniors qualify for quarter-finals at Junior World Cup More
KUALA LUMPUR -- Participants of the opposition-led rally at Stadium Merdeka this afternoon started holding street demonstrations around Dataran Merdeka and the vicinity of the venue from around 10.45 this morning.
At the Dataran Merdeka-Jalan Raja Laut-Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman confluence, some 40 demonstrators - all donned in green T-shirts - were seen carrying banners and shouting slogans to call for the Lynas advance materials factory in Kuantan, Pahang to stop its operations.
At Stadium Merdeka, a crowd of about 3,000 people had gathered outside its main entrance despite the rally to only begin at 2pm.
Some were shouting "reformasi", "reformasi" while among them there were those who brought along their children despite this being an offence under the Peaceful Assemblies Act 2012. -- BERNAMA