- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot family awaits for latest updates
- MISSING MH370: Pilot's niece concerned over his safety
- MISSING MH370: Families in shock
- MISSING MH370 : MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MISSING MH370: Hishammuddin: Four names in flight manifest under probe
- MISSING MH370: Father of MAS engineer shocked over news of son missing
- MISSING MH370: Radar showed missing plane may have turned back
- MISSING MH370: PM says still no sign of missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Search and rescue efforts continue off Kelantan coast
- MISSING MH370: Gong Kedak base abuzz with activities
- MISSING MH370 : Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Pix Gallery Day 2
- MISSING MH370: Disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters More
KUALA LUMPUR: Several Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) Komuter and ETS train services were disrupted following the derailment of its Komuter train at Kilometre 354.88 near the Rawang Station in Gombak, Selangor, today.
KTMB, in a statement issued here today said that the train services that were affected were for the Central Sector, involving the Rawang-Tanjung Malim route and the 11am ETS Silver train from KL Sentral to Ipoh.
However, for those who had bought the train tickets and wanted to continue with their journey, they could do so, it said, adding that a free shuttle bus service was available between Rawang and Serendah.
For the ETS Silver train from KL Sentral to Ipoh, the service will end at Rawang Station and passengers would be transported by bus to the Serendah Station to continue their journey to Ipoh, it said.
It said those who wanted to cancel their trip could request for a refund of their tickets or change the date of their trip.
On today's derailment of the Komuter train, it said it occurred about 10am when the train, with 120 passengers, was on its way from Tanjung Malim, Perak, to Rawang.
However, no one was injured, it said.
The passengers affected were then transferred to the Rawang station to continue with their journey.
Works are in progress to repair the tracks and identity the cause of the incident.
The derailment alsoddisrupted the Ekspress Rakyat train service between Butterworth and Woodlandsand vice versa.
KTMB, in its latest statement, said that as at 3.30pm, all ETS service forthe KL Sentral-Ipoh-KL Sentral route was also affected.
"Passengers going to Woodlands from Butterworth will board a bus at TanjungMalim to KL Sentral and then continue their journey to Woodlands by train.
"For those from Woodlands to Butterworth, they will board a bus at KLSentral to Tanjung Malim before continuing with the journey to Butterworth by train," it said.
KTM expects the service to return to normal at 8pm today, but it depends onthe weather condition. -- BERNAMA ---BERNAMA