- MH370 Tragedy: 'Unidentified material' under investigation
- MH370 Tragedy: MAS has settled about 96 per cent claims from Chinese families
- Obama lookalike takes it in stride
- MH370 Tragedy: No hesitation from Petronas to find new assets for search
- S. Korea Ferry incident: Body of boy who raised alarm believed found
- MH370 Tragedy: New independent international investigative team established
- US actress Jodie Foster marries girlfriend
- Siberian husky crashes car into Mercedes in supermarket
- MH370 Tragedy: Malaysia, Australia vow to keep searching
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot's brothers seen carry clothes and toiletries
- Proton eyes China production
- MH370 Tragedy: ROV to replace AUV?
- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target
- BMW launches 420i coupe
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll hits 150 as search gets tougher More
KUALA TERENGGANU: The by-election for the Kuala Besut state seat will be held by August 27 after the notification of its vacancy was received by the state Election Commission (EC) at 10am today.
State assembly speaker Zubir Embong handed the notification letter of the vacancy to state EC director Fakhrul Razi Ab Wahab at the Wisma Darul Iman and the latter said that the notice will be forwarded immediately to the national EC.
Zubir said according to the Article 44 (5) of the state Constitution, any vacancies of the state assembly seats must be filled within 60 days.
The Kuala Besut state seat fell vacant after its assemblyman Dr A Rahman Mokhtar died at the Sultanah Nur Zahirah hospital due to a lung failure yesterday.