- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Tun M: Why keep the Causeway?
- Karpal Singh's Death: PM extends his condolences to family members
- Latest: More than 300 people missing after South Korea ferry sinks
- 54-year-old man first M'sian to die from MERS
- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- MH370 Tragedy: Anwar hits out at Singapore for supporting Malaysia
- Karpal Singh's Death: " Penang had lost a son," says Lim Guan Eng
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- Karpal Singh's Death: Mukhriz extends his heartfelt condolences
- MH370 Tragedy: uFly fires flight simulator who appeared on CNN
- MH370 Tragedy: Robot sub makes first complete search
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Fears grow for hundreds missing More
KUALA TERENGGANU: The by-election for the Kuala Besut state seat will be held by August 27 after the notification of its vacancy was received by the state Election Commission (EC) at 10am today.
State assembly speaker Zubir Embong handed the notification letter of the vacancy to state EC director Fakhrul Razi Ab Wahab at the Wisma Darul Iman and the latter said that the notice will be forwarded immediately to the national EC.
Zubir said according to the Article 44 (5) of the state Constitution, any vacancies of the state assembly seats must be filled within 60 days.
The Kuala Besut state seat fell vacant after its assemblyman Dr A Rahman Mokhtar died at the Sultanah Nur Zahirah hospital due to a lung failure yesterday.