- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Football: Manchester United suffer another home defeat
- Half-naked body of girl found by roadside
- FLOOD: Victims in Dungun use tents at relief centres
- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- Full text of Najib's speech at 2013 Umno General Assembly
- EPL: Fixture pile-up worries Wenger
- Nigerian farmers abandon food crops for cannabis: agency
- A party determined to transform
- 2013 SEA GAMES: Malaysia wins first gold from Wushu
- 'Make Sunni Islam official religion'
- Police: US newlyweds killed man for thrills
- WORLD CUP DRAW 2014: FIFA switches late England-Italy WCup kickoff time
- FLOOD: Worsening situation in Pahang, Terengganu More
KUALA TERENGGANU: The by-election for the Kuala Besut state seat will be held by August 27 after the notification of its vacancy was received by the state Election Commission (EC) at 10am today.
State assembly speaker Zubir Embong handed the notification letter of the vacancy to state EC director Fakhrul Razi Ab Wahab at the Wisma Darul Iman and the latter said that the notice will be forwarded immediately to the national EC.
Zubir said according to the Article 44 (5) of the state Constitution, any vacancies of the state assembly seats must be filled within 60 days.
The Kuala Besut state seat fell vacant after its assemblyman Dr A Rahman Mokhtar died at the Sultanah Nur Zahirah hospital due to a lung failure yesterday.