- MISSING MH370: Fishermen find life raft near PD
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggests 6 reasons for disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam scales down SAR
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: China says SAR efforts expanded to land areas
- MISSING MH370: RMAF chief denies military radar report
- MISSING MH370: Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- MISSING MH370: Terengganu police receive report on explosion in Marang More
KUALA TERENGGANU: The by-election for the Kuala Besut state seat will be held by August 27 after the notification of its vacancy was received by the state Election Commission (EC) at 10am today.
State assembly speaker Zubir Embong handed the notification letter of the vacancy to state EC director Fakhrul Razi Ab Wahab at the Wisma Darul Iman and the latter said that the notice will be forwarded immediately to the national EC.
Zubir said according to the Article 44 (5) of the state Constitution, any vacancies of the state assembly seats must be filled within 60 days.
The Kuala Besut state seat fell vacant after its assemblyman Dr A Rahman Mokhtar died at the Sultanah Nur Zahirah hospital due to a lung failure yesterday.