- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities roping in private companies assets to assist SAR
- Karpal Singh's Death: Grandson dreamt about playing football with him
- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rose to 32, Captain in custody
- Everest Avalanche updates: Death toll reaches 13
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain, crew members arrested
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain says evacuation delayed for safety
- Karpal Singh's Death: 'We are forever indebted to him', says Dr Wan Azizah
- Karpal Singh's Death: Pix gallery
- DPM: PTDs should be catalysts of economic growth
- Over 100 killed in South Sudan cattle raid More
KUALA TERENGGANU: The by-election for the Kuala Besut state seat will be held by August 27 after the notification of its vacancy was received by the state Election Commission (EC) at 10am today.
State assembly speaker Zubir Embong handed the notification letter of the vacancy to state EC director Fakhrul Razi Ab Wahab at the Wisma Darul Iman and the latter said that the notice will be forwarded immediately to the national EC.
Zubir said according to the Article 44 (5) of the state Constitution, any vacancies of the state assembly seats must be filled within 60 days.
The Kuala Besut state seat fell vacant after its assemblyman Dr A Rahman Mokhtar died at the Sultanah Nur Zahirah hospital due to a lung failure yesterday.