- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- Housemaid dies of shock during house break-in
- 'Mat Zain's SD inadmissible'
- End to maid impasse?
- Fatal accident: British victim's family to reclaim body
- Blame me, says coach Kim Swee
- PMR: Girl defies sleeping disorder to score 8A's
- ASB unitholders to get 7.70 sen for a unit, also one sen bonus for a unit
- SEA GAMES: Malaysia lose 3-4 to Indonesia
- Gang-rape charge for those abetting in one
- 6 foreigners die in car crash
- London theatre ceiling collapse injures 76
- Six people killed in an accident at Kampung Pandan
- Malaysian boy on holiday killed in front of mother
- Failed heist at Jalan Ipoh money-lending agency More
LA judge dismisses workers' lawsuit against Dole
LOS ANGELES: A Los Angeles Superior Court judge has dismissed a lawsuit brought by nearly 3,000 Filipino workers claiming injury from pesticide exposure while working for Dole Food Co.
The Ventura County Star reports the plaintiffs said they were exposed to the pesticides at banana plantations more than 30 years ago.
The food company says an identical lawsuit filed 13 years ago in the Philippines was dismissed by that country’s supreme court.
The pesticides have since been banned by the Environmental Protection Agency, and classified as a probable human carcinogen. -- AP