- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Four injured in RapidKL bus crash in Jalan Pudu
- United States thanks Malaysia for saving their soldiers in Somalia
- Lynas engineer drowns in pond at plant
- 50 including 47 foreigners nabbed in Internet love scam in Kepong
- My kampung Taman Tun Dr Ismail
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Downpour causes flash floods, traffic congestions in Klang Valley
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Annuar Musa quits all football posts with immediate effect
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Shaken not stirred: Did 007 have alcoholic tremor?
- Abducted baby rescued within 24 hours
- Football fan shot and killed in Buenos Aires
- Housewife cheated of RM20,000 worth of jewellery More
WUHAN: More than 300 tourists were evacuated after a landslide hit a forest resort in central China's Hubei province on Tuesday, Xinhua news agency reported.
The landslide happened at 2 p.m. in Shennongjia, a forestry resort known for its natural beauty and disrupted traffic on the 209 national highway, said an official with the resort.
However, no casualties have been reported so far.
On Monday, a landslide hit the same section of the highway which runs from Inner Mongolia's capital Hohhot to Beihai city in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. Traffic did not resume until 2 a.m. on Tuesday.
The resort's workers blamed continuous rainfall for the frequent landslides in the region. -- BERNAMA