- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- Ustaz Kazim gives final verdict on Umno invite
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Woman killed in crash
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use More
KOTA BAHARU -- A seven-year-old boy was warded at a hospital yesterday, to remove a leech which entered his anus while fishing at a swamp near his house in Kampung Paya Rambai here.
Mohd Farhan Adli Mohd Alpatah said today, he only noticed the leech, measuring the size of an adult thumb, when he suffered rectal bleeding while defaecating.
He said he informed his parents before he was warded at the Hospital Raja Perempuan Zainab II.
Mohd Farhan Adli, a pupil of Sekolah Kebangsaan Kampung Chengal, Kerteh will be discharged from the hospital after the leech is removed in the next two days.
Earlier today, Datin Seri Khamarzan Ahmed Meah, wife of International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed, visited him at the hospital. -- Bernama