- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- 20 ancient tombs unearthed near China's 3 Gorges reservoir
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Rosberg puts Mercedes on pole position for Monaco GP
- Fragments of biblical treasure are up for sale
- Reports: 27 indicted in Bari match-fixing inquiry
- UK police question alleged soldier killer's friend
- Malaysia targets 28 million foreign tourists next year - Nazri
- Thousands throng temples nationwide
- Uphold Constitution, says PM More
KOTA BAHARU -- A seven-year-old boy was warded at a hospital yesterday, to remove a leech which entered his anus while fishing at a swamp near his house in Kampung Paya Rambai here.
Mohd Farhan Adli Mohd Alpatah said today, he only noticed the leech, measuring the size of an adult thumb, when he suffered rectal bleeding while defaecating.
He said he informed his parents before he was warded at the Hospital Raja Perempuan Zainab II.
Mohd Farhan Adli, a pupil of Sekolah Kebangsaan Kampung Chengal, Kerteh will be discharged from the hospital after the leech is removed in the next two days.
Earlier today, Datin Seri Khamarzan Ahmed Meah, wife of International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed, visited him at the hospital. -- Bernama