- Police denied photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- SUDIRMAN CUP: Kim Her stands by fading pair
- Mother and two-month-old baby died in after ramming into an electric pole
- “I thought I knew him...”
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Epileptic woman who stayed alone found dead
- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Police solved Pakistani murder
- Zahid: Probe into Lahad Datu intrusion completed More
SHAH ALAM: A lorry attendant who was shot and injured in his bid to flee from the police, was charged in the magistrate's court and the Sessions Court here yesterday with abducting two university students and raping one of them in June.
Anuar Mohamad, 34, from Taman Alam Megah here, pleaded not guilty to the charges,
At the Sessions Court, Anuar was charged with raping the victim, aged 18, at Lot 3862, Jalan Haji Tarmidi, Rantau Panjang, Klang near here between 1.20am and 6am on June 25.
The accused, who was seated throughout the proceedings because of the injury, was charged under Section 376 of the Penal Code which provides for a jail term of up to 30 years and whipping, if convicted.
Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) R. Kalaiyarasi urged the court not to allow bail or impose a steep amount as there was a possibility of the accused fleeing.
The accused, who was unrepresented, asked the court for bail claiming he had no direct involvement in the incidents.
Judge Slamat Yahya denied bail and set Sept 14 for re-mention.
At the magistrate's court, the accused was charged with abducting the two women, the other aged 23, with the intention of wrongfully confining them.
He was alleged to have abducted the 18-year-old at a hostel block of the Selangor Islamic Reilgious Department in Section 3 here between 1.20am and 6am on June 25 and the other victim at a bus stop near Universiti Selangor (Unisel) in Section 7 here at 11pm on June 30.
He was charged under Section 365 of the Penal Code with the abductions and could be jailed up to seven years or fined or both, if convicted.
Magistrate Zilfinaz Abas also denied bail and set Sept 14 for re-mention while DPP Farah Wahida Md Nor appeared for the prosecution. Bernama