- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- 20 ancient tombs unearthed near China's 3 Gorges reservoir
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Uphold Constitution, says PM
- 'Gerakan should go back to its basics'
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Rosberg puts Mercedes on pole position for Monaco GP
- Malaysia targets 28 million foreign tourists next year - Nazri
- Fragments of biblical treasure are up for sale
- UK police question alleged soldier killer's friend
- Egypt court rules against religious slogans More
MACC: Investigations into Syarikat Air Kelantan still going on
KOTA BARU: The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) is still proceeding with investigations into Syarikat Air Kelantan Sdn Bhd (AKSB) on charges of misappropriation of federal government funds for a clean water programme in the state.
MACC Deputy Commissioner (Operations) Datuk Mohd Shukri Abdul said the commission was still carrying out investigations based on facts, and not merely public information.
"The probe does not have a specific period, we will duly announce upon completion," he told reporters after the opening of the Kelantan MACC office complex by Sultan Kelantan Sultan Muhammad V here today.
Mohd Shukri was commenting on the investigation based on a report by the Kelantan People's Action Council to MACC on March 20, on allegations of AKSB fund misappropriation.
He said, when the MACC investigated a certain case which was not taken to court, it did not mean there was no case. Rather, it could be due to inadequate evidence.
On Selangor Menteri Besar's political secretary Faekah Husin, who reportedly sent a letter to enable a legal firm connected to her family be considered as a panel lawyer of Permodalan Negeri Selangor Berhad, Mohd Shukri said the commission was studying the matter. -- BERNAMA