- Man sorry for assault on wife
- FLOOD: Flood victims at relief centres exceed 50,000
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- 11,000 go without power in Terengganu
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Malaysia's national economic transformation initiatives won world's accolades
- SHOWBIZ: More than OK
- Tribute to King of Thailand
- Jln Cenderawasih permanently closed since Nov 15: DBKL
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Indian court orders fresh trial for Bollywood's Khan
- DELIGHTFUL READ
- Residents in Kuantan resuming daily routine
- East Timorese stone Australian embassy in spying row
- Why Umno must embrace social media faster More
KUALA LUMPUR: Singer and actress Amy Mastura’s former make-up artist, Dicky, was found dead with hands and feet tied with a piece of cloth at his home in Kampung Kasipillay on Tuesday.
Dicky whose real name is Othman Hassan, 52, was believed to have been strangled by his assailant.
His body was found by his elder brother at 8pm yesterday when he went to check on his sibling after failing to contact him.
According to Dicky's friend, Razman Razmi, 40, there was no sign of forced entry at the house and that the only thing missing was the make-up artist’s hand phone and laptop.
" He has been staying here for the past 10 years and was very friendly," he said.
Another friend said the last time he met Dicky was on Nov 30.
" We went out to dinner as another friend wanted to give him Batik cloth which he bought for Dicky. That night he made a joke that he wanted to use it to cover his dead body. We told him to not make such joke. We never thought that would the last time we saw him," he said.
Dicky was well known in entertainment industry circles as a make up artist for local stars.
His remains were sent to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital for a post mortem.