- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Respect rule of law, Karpal urged
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Mother and two-month-old baby died in after ramming into an electric pole
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- “I thought I knew him...”
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- Epileptic woman who stayed alone found dead
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- Investments up 44% More
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia beat Vietnam 3-0 in the fourth match of AFC Cup U-22 qualifying round played at Aung San Stadium in Myanmar today.
The win put Malaysia in second spot in group G with nine points, one point behind Myanmar while South Korea are in third spot.
This is Malaysia's third win on the trot after whipping Philippines 7-0 last Saturday and beating Taiwan 4-2 on Thursday.
The squad of coach Ong Kim Swee lost 2-3 to South Korea in the first match.
Vietnam dominated from the start mounting several raids but found the Malaysian defence difficult to breach.
Malaysia broke the deadlock after the break when Rozaimi Abdul Rahman opened scoring in the 52nd minute.
The Sabahan was in his element and bagged a hattrick with two more goals in the 91st and 93rd minute.
Malaysia will meet group leaders Myanmar on Tuesday. The top two teams will qualify for the finals next year. Bernama