- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot family awaits for latest updates
- MISSING MH370: Pilot's niece concerned over his safety
- MISSING MH370: Families in shock
- MISSING MH370 : MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MISSING MH370: Father of MAS engineer shocked over news of son missing
- MISSING MH370: PM says still no sign of missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Search and rescue efforts continue off Kelantan coast
- MISSING MH370: Hishammuddin: Four names in flight manifest under probe
- MISSING MH370: Radar showed missing plane may have turned back
- MISSING MH370: Gong Kedak base abuzz with activities
- MISSING MH370 : Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MH370: 24 hours later, still categorised as missing
- MISSING MH370: Malaysia Airlines has one of Asia's best safety records More
Malaysia's fourth agenda: social transformation
PETALING JAYA: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak said the fourth agenda in the country’s transformation will revolve around a social transformation of values and culture in order to achieve successful nationhood.
He said the strengthening of values and promoting a culture of excellence were ingredients that separated successful countries from those that were not.
“We can build skyscrapers, infrastructure, high-tech factories and increase the people’s per capita income, but a successful nation must be borne out of successful civilisation.
“A social transformation based on our values system and culture, including a transformation of attitude are factors which deteremine why some countries are more developed than others,” said Najib when speaking to more than 10,000 youths and local residents during the launch of the "My Beautiful Malaysia" volunteer drive tragetting youths at SMK Taman Medan, here.
In his speecg, Najib indicated that youths were an important part if this agenda, and an integral partof nation-building once their potential and energy were channeled into fruitful activities.
My Beautiful Malaysia focuses on youths and involves a record-breaking 1 million participants in 390 locations nationwide.
It was simultaneously launched today with Najib's deputy Tan Sri Muhyiddin attending the event in Muar, Johor, while menteris besar and cabinet ministers attended the drive in other states.
My Beautiful Malaysia is initiated by the 1Malaysia for Youths (1M4U) and other agencies as a way to encourage volunteerism among the youth. The government has allocated a RM100 million fund for youths organisations and groups to take part in the drive to kick start any volunteer activities of their own.