- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader'
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- Celebrations on hold
- 2013 SEA GAMES: 8th day results involving Malaysia
- Najib leaves for Tokyo
- 11 commando trainees, 2 instructors to get Pingat Gagah Berani
- 'Time to put the past behind us' More
Malaysian, Indonesian dons meet to enhance academic cooperation
JAKARTA: The Malaysian National Council of Professors (MPN) is moving towards empowering Malaysian higher education in the archipelago through strategic academic cooperation with Indonesia.
The council started on the historic movement through a meeting with a group of professors from Indonesia's institutions of higher learning here which started today.
The academic cooperation between the two bodies, supported by Malaysian Higher Education Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin, would further strengthen the strategic relationship between Malaysia and Indonesia said Education Malaysia (EM) Indonesia in a statement here today.
It said the programme would have an effect on efforts to promote excellence in academic leadership, research and innovation, as well as learning and teaching, in the country and abroad.
It is also expected to mobilise the government's transformation plan, especially in the education field, more effectively, in tandem with current needs, it added.
MPN Chairman, Professor Emeritus Datuk Dr Zakri Abdul Hamid, said the cooperation should be expanded at all levels, especially in academic field, to maintain the good relations between the two countries. -- BERNAMA