- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- BN did not steal victory in GE13 - Najib
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Suspected rebels injure India ruling party leaders
- FA Cup premier league results
- Malaysia targets 28 million foreign tourists next year - Nazri
- Google eyes Waze as Facebook targets hot Web maps property
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- UK police question alleged soldier killer's friend
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Felda settlers stage protest More
Malaysian, Indonesian dons meet to enhance academic cooperation
JAKARTA: The Malaysian National Council of Professors (MPN) is moving towards empowering Malaysian higher education in the archipelago through strategic academic cooperation with Indonesia.
The council started on the historic movement through a meeting with a group of professors from Indonesia's institutions of higher learning here which started today.
The academic cooperation between the two bodies, supported by Malaysian Higher Education Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin, would further strengthen the strategic relationship between Malaysia and Indonesia said Education Malaysia (EM) Indonesia in a statement here today.
It said the programme would have an effect on efforts to promote excellence in academic leadership, research and innovation, as well as learning and teaching, in the country and abroad.
It is also expected to mobilise the government's transformation plan, especially in the education field, more effectively, in tandem with current needs, it added.
MPN Chairman, Professor Emeritus Datuk Dr Zakri Abdul Hamid, said the cooperation should be expanded at all levels, especially in academic field, to maintain the good relations between the two countries. -- BERNAMA