- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- 40ha of forest land razed in 12-hour forest fire
- Couple want missing daughter to return home
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into US parade
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- Ancelotti mulls future, praises Beckham
- National hockey squad ready for world league semifinals More
AMPANG JAYA: A 26-year-old suspected car thief was arrested after a Proton Waja he was travelling in skidded infront of Ampang Hospital in Pandan Mewah while trying to escape from police yesterday.
Ampang Jaya deputy police chief Superintendent Md Nazri Zawawi said the suspect’s two other accomplices, a man and woman however managed to give police a slip in the 9.30pm incident.
He said the trio were earlier spotted behaving suspiciously near Kampung Baru Ampang by the police on patrol.
“We tried to stop them there but failed. The driver in his bid to escape us had rammed into a tent erected nearby before driving towards Pandan Mewah,” he said.
Md Nazri said the suspects’ vehicle however skidded and landed in a drain after the driver lost control of the vehicle infront of the hospital during police chase.
Checks on the vehicle which was fitted with false registration number showed it was reported stolen in Sentul.
“An effort has been made to identify the suspects accomplices who are still at large and their past criminal activities,” he said.