- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Two killed in six-vehicle pile up near Senawang
- Football: 2014 World Cup team-by-team guide
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- World Cup draw 2014: Spain kick off with Dutch rematch, England handed tough
- World Cup draw 2014: Brazil will host "Cup of Cups" - Brazil president
- World Cup draw 2014: Boateng brothers to square off again in Brazil
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Soi Lek's son up for MCA veep post
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- World Cup draw 2014: Homage to Mandela at World Cup draw
- Anwar's creepy cameo
- FATAL CRASH
- Adopt affordability based payment mechanism: Umno Kelantan More
AMPANG JAYA: A 26-year-old suspected car thief was arrested after a Proton Waja he was travelling in skidded infront of Ampang Hospital in Pandan Mewah while trying to escape from police yesterday.
Ampang Jaya deputy police chief Superintendent Md Nazri Zawawi said the suspect’s two other accomplices, a man and woman however managed to give police a slip in the 9.30pm incident.
He said the trio were earlier spotted behaving suspiciously near Kampung Baru Ampang by the police on patrol.
“We tried to stop them there but failed. The driver in his bid to escape us had rammed into a tent erected nearby before driving towards Pandan Mewah,” he said.
Md Nazri said the suspects’ vehicle however skidded and landed in a drain after the driver lost control of the vehicle infront of the hospital during police chase.
Checks on the vehicle which was fitted with false registration number showed it was reported stolen in Sentul.
“An effort has been made to identify the suspects accomplices who are still at large and their past criminal activities,” he said.