- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Suspected rebels injure India ruling party leaders
- FA Cup premier league results
- BN did not steal victory in GE13 - Najib
- Malaysia targets 28 million foreign tourists next year - Nazri
- Google eyes Waze as Facebook targets hot Web maps property
- UK police question alleged soldier killer's friend
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Felda settlers stage protest
- Rosberg puts Mercedes on pole position for Monaco GP More
SHAH ALAM: Police have arrested a suspect in connection with the rape and murder of a factory worker in Kajang earlier this week.
The 26-year-old suspect was said to be a relative of the victim, Sabturiah Faisal.
Both the suspect and the victim worked in the same factory.
Selangor police chief Datuk Tun Hisan Tun Hamzah said the suspect was nabbed at about 2pm in Semenyih on Wednesday.
"He was picked up to facilitate investigations," Tun Hisan said.
"We have also interviewed the victim's sister, neighbours and colleagues in the factory."
Sabturiah, 19, from Kampung Merotai Besar in Tawau, was found dead in the bedroom of her flat in Taman Taming Jaya about 7.30pm on Monday.
The victim stayed with her sister and brother-in-law in the rented flat.
Post-mortem revealed that Sabturiah died of multiple blunt force trauma.
There were also signs of sexual penetration after she had died.
The victim was the seventh of 12 siblings and had planned to returned to Tawau after Hari Raya to continue her studies.
Police investigations also revealed that Sabturiah may have known her assailant as there were no signs of forced entry into the flat.