- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- 39 dead from plague in Madagascar: government
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- HOCKEY: Juniors come good
- 3 Japanese firms keen to participate in S'pore-KL rail link project: PM
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- Norway offers to fill empty Swedish prison cells
- Malaysia lose to Thailand, Myanmar in sepak takraw
- Chinese flyby of asteroid shows space rock is "rubble" More
Man held to facilitate probe into rally participation
KUALA LUMPUR: Police today detained a man in Negeri Sembilan to facilitate investigations into his alleged involvement in a rally at Dataran Merdeka on Saturday.
Kuala Lumpur Police Chief Datuk Mohmad Salleh said the 50-year-old man would be remanded until Thursday.
"The case is being investigated under Section 440 of the Penal Code for mischief during disturbances," he said in a statement released today.
On Saturday, the rally organised by a non-governmental organisation and supported by the opposition, turned violent in Dataran Merdeka, resulting in injuries to police and journalists. -- BERNAMA