- 'We are ready to move forward'
- Low aims for bold anti-graft measures
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- Clean water supply in Selangor, KL steadily decreasing: Syabas
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Japan's elderly not acting their age
- Chef detained in connection with wife's murder
- Cool, cool hills
- Ferguson praises 'amazing' Beckham's longevity
- Cop, restaurant worker slashed More
Man held to facilitate probe into rally participation
KUALA LUMPUR: Police today detained a man in Negeri Sembilan to facilitate investigations into his alleged involvement in a rally at Dataran Merdeka on Saturday.
Kuala Lumpur Police Chief Datuk Mohmad Salleh said the 50-year-old man would be remanded until Thursday.
"The case is being investigated under Section 440 of the Penal Code for mischief during disturbances," he said in a statement released today.
On Saturday, the rally organised by a non-governmental organisation and supported by the opposition, turned violent in Dataran Merdeka, resulting in injuries to police and journalists. -- BERNAMA