- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Zahid: Probe into Lahad Datu intrusion completed
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Guan Eng: State govt has the right to hold rally
- Malaysians easy target for London tricksters
- 'Rule of law crucial to nation's integrity'
- “I thought I knew him...”
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- SUDIRMAN CUP: Kim Her stands by fading pair
- EPL: Wenger vows to spend More
Man in CCTV recording allegedly abusing woman claims trial
IPOH -- A boutique owner who was featured in a closed-circuit television (CCTV) recording allegedly abusing a woman was today charged in the Magistrate's Court here with voluntarily causing hurt on his wife.
Chik Foo Keong, 26, however, pleaded not guilty and claimed trial to the charge.
He is charged with committing the offence on wife, Amanda Fong Kim Yen, 19, at the Butik Amanda & Co, Ipoh Garden South here at 4pm on Aug 23 this year.
The charge carries a maximum imprisonment for one year or fine up to RM2,00 or both, if found guilty.
Magistrate Haslinda Raof set Oct 31 for mention.
Chik is represented by lawyers Dexter Mah Kok Leong, Nur Syaira Othman and Hasanuddin Mohd Yusoff, while deputy public prosecutor Nurul Qistini Qamar Abrar prosecuted. -- BERNAMA