- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- Spanish 'ghost' airport goes up for sale
- 5 killed in crash
- Teenage boy drowns after getting trapped in quicksand
- Neocolonialism of our place names
- Egypt's General El-Sisi voted Person of the Year by Time readers
- Chinese-Brazilian satellite fails to enter orbit
- HOCKEY: Malaysian Juniors beat England 4-2 in New Delhi
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- FMM supports maintaining Saturday, Sunday as weekends in Selangor
- Small steps, big impact More
Man in CCTV recording allegedly abusing woman claims trial
IPOH -- A boutique owner who was featured in a closed-circuit television (CCTV) recording allegedly abusing a woman was today charged in the Magistrate's Court here with voluntarily causing hurt on his wife.
Chik Foo Keong, 26, however, pleaded not guilty and claimed trial to the charge.
He is charged with committing the offence on wife, Amanda Fong Kim Yen, 19, at the Butik Amanda & Co, Ipoh Garden South here at 4pm on Aug 23 this year.
The charge carries a maximum imprisonment for one year or fine up to RM2,00 or both, if found guilty.
Magistrate Haslinda Raof set Oct 31 for mention.
Chik is represented by lawyers Dexter Mah Kok Leong, Nur Syaira Othman and Hasanuddin Mohd Yusoff, while deputy public prosecutor Nurul Qistini Qamar Abrar prosecuted. -- BERNAMA