- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- 40ha of forest land razed in 12-hour forest fire
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Ancelotti mulls future, praises Beckham
- Couple want missing daughter to return home
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into US parade
- National hockey squad ready for world league semifinals More
BUKIT MERTAJAM -- A businessman sustained head injury and suffered losses of RM70,000 when two men, armed with a pistol, broke into his house in Taman Desa Damai here early yesterday.
Seberang Perai Tengah (SPT) police chief ACP Azman Abd Lah said the burglars, travelling in a Proton Waja car, broke into the victim's house at about 5am.
He said the businessman and his father were awakened by the noises made by the burglars and tried to fight the suspects.
"One of the burglars knocked the victim's head using the pistol before firing a warning shot," he told reporters here today.
The burglars then fled the house with the businessman's old Mercedes Benz car worth about RM70,000.
The businessman was then taken by his father to Bukit Mertajam Hospital where he received out-patient treatment. - Bernama