- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 killed in crash
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- Spanish 'ghost' airport goes up for sale
- Egypt's General El-Sisi voted Person of the Year by Time readers
- Neocolonialism of our place names
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Teenage boy drowns after getting trapped in quicksand
- Chinese-Brazilian satellite fails to enter orbit
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- FMM supports maintaining Saturday, Sunday as weekends in Selangor
- HOCKEY: Malaysian Juniors beat England 4-2 in New Delhi
- Thai PM calls elections as protesters fight on More
BUKIT MERTAJAM -- A businessman sustained head injury and suffered losses of RM70,000 when two men, armed with a pistol, broke into his house in Taman Desa Damai here early yesterday.
Seberang Perai Tengah (SPT) police chief ACP Azman Abd Lah said the burglars, travelling in a Proton Waja car, broke into the victim's house at about 5am.
He said the businessman and his father were awakened by the noises made by the burglars and tried to fight the suspects.
"One of the burglars knocked the victim's head using the pistol before firing a warning shot," he told reporters here today.
The burglars then fled the house with the businessman's old Mercedes Benz car worth about RM70,000.
The businessman was then taken by his father to Bukit Mertajam Hospital where he received out-patient treatment. - Bernama