- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- New Xbox more than a game console
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Clean water supply in Selangor, KL steadily decreasing: Syabas
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Chef detained in connection with wife's murder
- Malaysia can become great through balanced education: Idris
- MCA: Unwise not to join cabinet
- Bollywood bad boy Dutt held in 'terrorist' jail cell: report
- Bumiputeras can now afford to be involved in equity investments: Shahrir
- Poul-Erik Hoyer Larsen is the new President of BWF
- Cops refute Guan Eng's inaction claim
- 6 people injured in bomb explosion in Sg Golok More
SEREMBAN: A man fired a pump-gun at two toll clerks, injuring both of them, and seized RM2,000 they were transferring to the toll plaza office in a robbery here last night.
Toll clerks Nurijah Rosli, 24, and her colleague Mohd Haffiz Zamri, 26, were injured in the back and right leg, respectively, said Seremban police chief ACP Saiful Azly Kamaruddin today.
He said the robbery occurred at 9.57 pm when Nurijah, who was riding a motorcycle, and Mohd Haffiz, who was riding pillion, were transferring the money from the Seremban toll plaza north-bound exit of the North-South Expressway to the Plus office at the north-bound entrance to the highway.
A car blocked the path of the motorcycle and a man alighted and opened fire at the two clerks, he said.
"When the motorcycle and the two toll clerks fell to the ground, the robber grabbed a bag containing RM2,000 and the car sped off towards Sendayan.
"Nurijah was injured in the back while Mohd Haffiz was injured in the right leg. Investigation showed that three shots were fired with the pump-gun," he told reporters.
Nurijah and Mohd Haffiz were sent to Tuanku Jaafar Hospital here, he said.
Saiful Azly said police would view the recording of the closed-circuit television camera at the plaza to assist them in the investigation. -- BERNAMA