- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- Muhyiddin wants more aggresive promotion of Msian tourism products
- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- Immigrations Dept keeping watchful eye over foreigners
- Graphic sex in applauded lesbian love story gets Cannes buzzing
- Applications for late registration of births increased tremendously since 2009, RCI told
- Soldier hacked to death in attack in London
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- MACC begins investigation on payment in under-age rape victim case
- New passport improvement More
Man slashed to death after visiting friend to celebrate Raya
KUALA LUMPUR: Mariapragasam Siva visited a friend's house to celebrate the first day of Aidilfitri in Taman Desa Coalfields, Sungai Buloh last night.
By a cruel twist of fate, his family will never see him again.
As Siva, 22, left the house on his motorycle with a friend, a group of men in a car rammed the machine from behind, causing him and his pillion rider to be thrown to the ground.
Siva had hardly picked himself up when the group, armed with sharp weapons, attacked him relentlessly in the incident about 8.30pm. His friend panicked and escaped.
Selangor CID chief SAC Mohd Adnan Abdullah said today, residents sent Siva to the Sungai Buloh Hospital where he died upon arrival.
He said the victim sustained slash wounds in the head and body, adding that the motive of the murder had yet to be ascertained.
Meanwhile, Siva's mother, M. Batumani, 55, said the victim, who was the third of 11 children, had informed her that he would be visiting a friend's house for Aidilfitri celebration.
"He left the house about 7.50pm after informing me that he would spend the night with his friends in Genting Highlands before returning home the following day," she added. -- BERNAMA