- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- 5 killed in crash
- Spanish 'ghost' airport goes up for sale
- Egypt's General El-Sisi voted Person of the Year by Time readers
- Neocolonialism of our place names
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Teenage boy drowns after getting trapped in quicksand
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- Chinese-Brazilian satellite fails to enter orbit
- FMM supports maintaining Saturday, Sunday as weekends in Selangor
- HOCKEY: Malaysian Juniors beat England 4-2 in New Delhi
- Thai PM calls elections as protesters fight on More
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Airlines (MAS) is offering an extra 3,584 seats for Kuala Lumpur-Kota Bharu and Kuala Lumpur-Alor Setar routes to cope with the increase in demand for the Hari Raya Puasa festive celebrations.
In a statement today, MAS said these seats were over and above the earlier five extra flights for KL-Kota Bharu and four extra flights for KL-Alor Setar that were announced two weeks ago.
MAS said two daily extra flights will be operated on the KL-Kota Bharu route from Aug 16 to 18 this year, while an existing scheduled flight between these two points will upgraded.
Similarly, the national carrier said it will operate an additional extra flight between KL and Alor Setar on Aug 18, 2012.
MAS has also increased capacity on the Kota Bharu-KL route for those returning after the festive season.
From Aug 24 to 26 this year, one extra B737 flight will be operated on this route while another flight will be upgraded on Aug 24 to offer more capacity.
On Aug 27, MAS will offer two additional 737 flights on this route.
The national carrier said it would continue to monitor the booking trend during this festive season and will further increase capacity if there was additional demand. -- BERNAMA