- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- Youth slashed to death at karaoke centre
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- Mourinho will win Chelsea the title
- TNB: Beware of imposters
- Cops refute Guan Eng's inaction claim
- Khairy set on 'breaking down walls'
- Flesh-eating disease victim gets prosthetic hands
- MCA: Unwise not to join cabinet
- Mother of Delhi gang-rape victim pleads for justice: report
- Arsenal eye unsettled Rooney
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Candice Glover wins 'American Idol'
- WEEKEND WATCH: Heartwarming teacher tales More
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Airlines (MAS) is offering an extra 3,584 seats for Kuala Lumpur-Kota Bharu and Kuala Lumpur-Alor Setar routes to cope with the increase in demand for the Hari Raya Puasa festive celebrations.
In a statement today, MAS said these seats were over and above the earlier five extra flights for KL-Kota Bharu and four extra flights for KL-Alor Setar that were announced two weeks ago.
MAS said two daily extra flights will be operated on the KL-Kota Bharu route from Aug 16 to 18 this year, while an existing scheduled flight between these two points will upgraded.
Similarly, the national carrier said it will operate an additional extra flight between KL and Alor Setar on Aug 18, 2012.
MAS has also increased capacity on the Kota Bharu-KL route for those returning after the festive season.
From Aug 24 to 26 this year, one extra B737 flight will be operated on this route while another flight will be upgraded on Aug 24 to offer more capacity.
On Aug 27, MAS will offer two additional 737 flights on this route.
The national carrier said it would continue to monitor the booking trend during this festive season and will further increase capacity if there was additional demand. -- BERNAMA