- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- 40ha of forest land razed in 12-hour forest fire
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- Couple want missing daughter to return home
- Ancelotti mulls future, praises Beckham
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into US parade
- National hockey squad ready for world league semifinals More
MAS offers up to 50pc discount for international airfares
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Airlines (MAS) is currently offering attractive all-inclusive international travel airfares with reductions of up to 47 per cent off the current lowest economy class fares and 50 per cent off the lowest business class fares for Malaysian travellers.
In a statement today, the national carrier said these offers, to selected destinations in Asean, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, India, and Maldives were available till June 18, 2012 and valid for travel till Aug 31, 2012.
Its regional senior vice president for Malaysia & Asean, Muzammil Mohamad, said the offers were among the best and MAS has made these affordable for travel on some of its selected flights to and from Malaysia.
Among the attractive economy class round-trip airfares offered for travel from Kuala Lumpur to Asean destinations are to Medan (RM408), Phuket (RM478), Jakarta (RM538) and Ho Chi Minh City (RM598).
Business class travel round-trip airfares start from as low as RM808 to Medan, RM1,308 to Phuket and Singapore as well as RM1,658 to Bangkok.
Economy class return travels to other selected destinations are also very affordable starting with RM798 to Hong Kong, RM1048 to Beijing, RM1118 to Chennai and RM1598 to Perth.
Similar attractive fares are also offered for business class travel, like RM2,408 to Chennai, RM2,998 to Guangzhou and Xiamen, RM3,098 to Beijing, Hong Kong and Bangalore, RM4,908 to Male/Maldives and RM5,098 to Perth.
Customers commencing their travel from Penang and Johor Baru enjoy the same airfares, while MAS offers a 50 per cent discount on other Peninsular Malaysia domestic sectors to and from Kuala Lumpur connecting with the international destinations.
In the case of Sabah and Sarawak, a standard one-way rate of RM240 is added to the economy class fare offers.
Likewise, business class airfares are common-rated for journeys from Penang and Johor Baharu while 50 per cent discount on business class fares applies to sectors from other parts of Malaysia to/from Kuala Lumpur.
These offers are available at www.malaysiaairlines.com, MAS' 24-hour toll-free number 1 300 88 3000, MH Buddy in MAS Facebook, its ticket offices and appointed agents throughout Malaysia. -- BERNAMA