- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: Military says missing jet changed course
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Public should respect staff and passengers: MAS
- MISSING MH370: Airline probing report 2 visited cockpit in 2011
- MISSING MH370: Terrorism cannot be ruled out : CIA
- MISSING MH370: Geostrategist says passengers can sustain up to 2 months
- MISSING MH370: Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggest 6 reasons for disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Chinese film stunt man on missing flight More
KUALA LUMPUR: A massive traffic jam is reported to have occurred at the North-South Expressway (PLUS) at the Sungai Besi Toll Plaza heading to the city centre this morning following the closure of the SMART tunnel.
A PLUS spokesman when contacted this morning said the congestion was detected to have occurred since 6.30am.
Traffic on the lane heading to Seremban, however, was moving smoothly, the spokesman said.
Stormwater Management And Road Tunnel (SMART) in a statement today said that its highway had been closed to traffic from 8pm last night due to heavy down pour and to enable the SMART flood tunnel to be operational.
"We appeal to motorists for their patience and co-operation and heed our advice on the closure through the media announcement, variable message sign (VMS), Smart Tunnel website at www.smarttunnel.com.my; twitter @smarttunnel or via Smart Tunnel Facebook," it said.
The Malaysian Highway Authority (MHA) operations room, when contacted, said that several areas were experiencing traffic jams believed to be due to the heavy rain.
Among the areas that were experiencing traffic congestion were the New Klang Valley Expressway from Shah Alam heading towards Subang and ELITE
Highway from Putrajaya heading towards Seafield, the spokesman said. -- BERNAMA