- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- 40ha of forest land razed in 12-hour forest fire
- National hockey squad ready for world league semifinals
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into US parade
- Denmark’s de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Couple want missing daughter to return home More
Mastermind behind Nayati's kidnapping fled the country
KUALA LUMPUR: Police today revealed that the mastermind behind the kidnapping of Nayati Shamelin Moodliar has fled the country.
Federal Criminal Investigation Director said that police were looking for the 24-year-old man and another suspect, also 24 years old, to facilitate investigations.
"We have arrested six people, including a woman, to help with investigations," he said at a press conference at the city police headquarters here today.
Bakri said that the suspects, aged between 19 and 40 years old, were detained in Ipoh, where the victim was believed to be held, and KL over two days.
Police also recovered part of the ransom money.