- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang
- Two cops arrested for rape of Indonesian woman
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Flower prices set to rise from Jan 1
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- Newlywed pleads guilty to second-degree murder
- PM: Malaysia moving into 2nd phase of LEP More
NEW YORK: McDonald’s Corp. has filed a trademark using its name for ground and whole-bean coffee, the US Patent and Trademark Office said.
The registration was made last month, and The Wall Street Journal says it signals the quintessential American fast food chain could be considering selling packaged coffee in grocery stores, emulating some of its competitors.
Dunkin’ Donuts already sells its own bagged coffee, while Starbucks has started marketing a coffee machine and individual-dose packets of coffee. - AFP