- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- Cars burnt as workers riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- Boat with 13 commandos feared capsized
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- New Miss France says proud of 'cosmopolitan' country
- Former RMAF chief Mohamed Ngah dies
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- 'No place for Shia'
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- Malaysia-Brunei bridge opens
- The real Bonnie and Clyde
- US singer wows in 'Arabs Got Talent' show More
Mercedes-Benz to hire more from Universiti Malaysia Pahang
KUALA LUMPUR : Mercedes-Benz Malaysia Sdn Bhd will hire more graduates from Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP) as highly qualified executives, said vice president for Pekan production plant, Sebastian Streuff.
"We have teams of highly-qualified executives to take care of the engineering side, quality management and logistics planning.
"This is where the UMP students can do their internships, and we intend to build up a long-term relationship with the university by hiring its students later on," he said at the ceremony to sign a memorandum of understanding here today.
On its future investment, the luxury automobile manufacturer plans to further increase its sales and production.
"So whenever that is happening, we would also be hiring more of the students," Streuff added.
Also present at the ceremony was UMP vice-chancellor, Prof Datuk Dr Daing Nasir Ibrahim, who signed the MoU on behalf of the university.
"All our students are qualified to go for this practical training. However, the number would depend on Mercedes-Benz Malaysia," he said.
He said UMP is one of the universities in the country that offers all engineering courses, and it currently has about 8,000 students.
The vice chancellor said with the collaboration, it would help UMP to produce graduates who are ready for the industry, without compromising on the knowledge and theory part of the curricular.