- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- Ustaz Kazim gives final verdict on Umno invite
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Woman killed in crash
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use More
MIC Youth denies PKR allegation on premeditated criminal attack
KUALA LUMPUR: MIC Youth has denied an allegation by PKR vice-president N. Surendran that the recent scuffle at the Prime Minister's Office involving members of both parties was a premeditated criminal attack.
Its Youth chief, T. Mohan, said he least expected Surendran to come up with such a statement since police investigations were underway.
"The allegation is a total lie...we went there only to hand over a 'thank you' card to Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak but somehow, ended up in a clash since they (PKR members) were hurling words at us," he said when contacted by Bernama today.
Mohan said he was leaving the matter with the police to investigate, adding that the police had recorded statements from seven MIC members.
Meanwhile, during a press conference at the PKR headquarters, Surendran who showed photographs of the MIC-PKR scuffle to reporters, said they indicated that MIC Youth members had provoked them with vulgarities.
On May 2, Surendran led a PKR delegation to the Prime Minister's Office to submit a memorandum, demanding MyKad for 17-year-old student B. Reshina to enable her to sit for the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia this year.
At the time, Mohan had brought a large delegation there to thank the prime minister for his efforts in helping the Indian community. -- BERNAMA