- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Atheists are good if they do good, Pope Francis says
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- Officials: Suspect lunged at FBI agent with knife
- Facebook joins Web freedom group
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- Three people killed in road accident
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- US scientist committed suicide, not murdered: pathologists
- US test-launches intercontinental missile
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London
- Mais non! French universities may teach in English More
TELUPID: Parti Bersatu Sabah (PBS) president, Tan Sri Pairin Kitingan announced that Labuk state assemblyman, Datuk Michael Asang would be defending his seat in the coming general election.
The announcement was made by Pairin during the Labuk PBS's general meeting here today.
"I fully support Michael to contest in the Labuk constituency so as to maintain development and welfare of residents in the area.
"Since he became the state assemblyman, he has done a good job, always goes down to the grassroots and cares for the people," he said.
Michael, 65, has been the Labuk state assemblyman for three terms, starting in March 1999.
Earlier in his speech, Pairin said understanding and collaboration among Barisan Nasional's component parties was the essence to ensure the party's victory in the coming general election.
"We are a team and thus let us be united in a cause to bring development and progress to the state," he said. Bernama