- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use
- Woman killed in crash
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico More
TELUPID: Parti Bersatu Sabah (PBS) president, Tan Sri Pairin Kitingan announced that Labuk state assemblyman, Datuk Michael Asang would be defending his seat in the coming general election.
The announcement was made by Pairin during the Labuk PBS's general meeting here today.
"I fully support Michael to contest in the Labuk constituency so as to maintain development and welfare of residents in the area.
"Since he became the state assemblyman, he has done a good job, always goes down to the grassroots and cares for the people," he said.
Michael, 65, has been the Labuk state assemblyman for three terms, starting in March 1999.
Earlier in his speech, Pairin said understanding and collaboration among Barisan Nasional's component parties was the essence to ensure the party's victory in the coming general election.
"We are a team and thus let us be united in a cause to bring development and progress to the state," he said. Bernama