- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggests 6 reasons for disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- MISSING MH370: Military says missing jet changed course
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam scales down SAR
- MISSING MH370: 600,000 scan satellites images for clues
- MISSING MH370: Unlikely to be terrorist event: Interpol head
- MISSING MH370: Chinese film stunt man on missing flight More
Ministry seeks allocation to develop Kedah agriculture sector
ALOR STAR: The Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Ministry will be hoping for that Budget 2013 will take into account the importance of further developing the agriculture sector in Kedah, especially rice cultivation.
Its Deputy Minister Datuk Mohd Johari Baharum said among issues that needed attention was flood mitigation projects as it could affect the rice production in the state.
"Under the National Key Economic Areas (NKEA), there is a RM2 billion allocation for Muda Agricultural Development Authority (MADA) (to upgrade the infrastructure to increase the rice production), but without flood mitigation projects, it will still be a problem," he told reporters after attending an Aidilfitri gathering, here today.
Yesterday, Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Azizan Abdul Razak said the state government hoped to be allocated some funds in Budget 2013 to overcome the flood problems faced by the state, to protect rice production.
Mohd Johari said flood mitigation projects were needed in the state.
Meanwhile, MADA Chairman Datuk Seri Mahdzir Khalid said they needed about RM22 million to upgrade the drainage system in its area to curb worsening land erosion problems. - Bernama