- Kidnapped Taiwan woman returns home
- SEA GAMES: Malaysia bags 43 gold medals
- Retired NST staff, wife killed in multiple vehicle crash
- MCA 2013 : Liow is new party president
- Dr Chua prays MCA will rise out of doldrums
- France searches river for China tycoon after chopper crash
- PKR Wanita chief slams Lim for racist remark
- MCA 2013 : Party's future in members hands - Dr Chua
- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- Malaysians safe in South Sudan
- 'Errant drivers are cheating the system'
- Najib's visit to Saudi Arabia will take KL-Riyadh relations to greater heights
- Singapore beats Malaysia in Sea Games football
- MCA 2013 : Liow vows to unite party
- Torres calls to hurry up More
KUALA LUMPUR: A moderate earthquake with magnitude 5.3 on Richter Scale struck in the Sunda Strait, Indonesia at 7.26pm today.
Malaysian Meteorological Department said the epicentre was 149km southwest of Bandar Lampung, Indonesia and 906km southwest of Johor Baharu, Johor.
Its statement said the quake together with the strong earthquake in Iran at 6.44pm local time, have no tsunami threat to Malaysia.
The department will also continue to monitor the situation closely. -- BERNAMA