- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- 39 dead from plague in Madagascar: government
- 3 Japanese firms keen to participate in S'pore-KL rail link project: PM
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- HOCKEY: Juniors come good
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating More
Kuala Lumpur: A moderate earthquake measuring 5.3 on the Richter scale occurred in the Sunda Strait at 1.59pm today, according to the Malaysian Meteorological Department.
The epicentre of the earthquake was 179km west of Jakarta, Indonesia and 847km south of Johor Baharu, Johor, according to the department in a statement.
No tsunami threat was reported. -- Bernama