- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Police capable of handling gathering in PJ - Ahmad Zahid
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- Soccer: I got carried away with QPR, says ’naive’ Fernandes
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- Paul Low resigns as Transparency International Malaysia president
- Police will appeal rejection of remand on trio, says Ahmad Zahid
- Opposition agreed to hold peaceful gatherings but did opposite - Zahid
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- 2 coaches leave Manchester United
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela More
KUALA LUMPUR: A magnitude 5.7 earthquake has been recorded off the West Coast of Northern Sumatera at 7.18pm today.
The Malaysian Meteorological Department said in a statement that the earthquake's epicentre was 288km northwest of Simeulue, Indonesia and 799km southwest of Balik Pulau, Penang.
The earthquake posed no tsunami threat. -- BERNAMA