- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Two cops arrested for rape of Indonesian woman
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- Flower prices set to rise from Jan 1
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- 39 dead from plague in Madagascar: government
- PM: Malaysia moving into 2nd phase of LEP More
KUALA LUMPUR: A magnitude 5.7 earthquake has been recorded off the West Coast of Northern Sumatera at 7.18pm today.
The Malaysian Meteorological Department said in a statement that the earthquake's epicentre was 288km northwest of Simeulue, Indonesia and 799km southwest of Balik Pulau, Penang.
The earthquake posed no tsunami threat. -- BERNAMA