- Singapore smog breaches 'hazardous' level
- Nearly 1,000 villagers in Sibu left homeless in fire
- Health monitoring system mobilised nationwide due to haze
- HK tourists hurt in train vs cars crash in KK
- Dolce and Gabbana convicted of tax evasion
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Prayers to drive out ghost at Bangladesh garment plant
- Proposal for vernacular schools rebranded as School of Oriental Studies
- Baby abuse case: Yuliana was sane during incident, says report
- Tests find no trace of body tissue from wreckage
- 7,000 Facebook users shared video clip on collapsed lightning arrestor
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- Todashev's body brought to Russia for burial
- NS trainee gives birth in camp toilet
- World powers to meet on Syrian rebel demands More
KUALA LUMPUR: A moderate earthquake measuring 5.3 on the Richter scale hit Talaud Islands, Indonesia at 8.52 pm today.
The Malaysian Meteorological Department, in a statement, said that the quake's epicentre was 35km northeast of Talaud Island, Indonesia and 932km southeast of Semporna, Sabah.
However, no tsunami threat was reported. -- BERNAMA