- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- Bangladesh Islamist to be hanged after midnight
- Undentified lorry driver flees after hit-and-run crash
- Singapore Riot : Malaysia always in state of prepareness
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- China sex workers face 'harsh' detention: rights group
- Take photo at counter
- Netanyahu missing Mandela memorial for cost reasons: media
- First catenary traffic light launched
- Over 100,000 participate in anti-govt rally, Thai election on Feb 2
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro
- Ministry forms panel for PISA More
KUALA LUMPUR -- Police arrested 17 more suspects believed to be involved in the attack on the Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan (SMK) Cheras Perdana students, outside the school yesterday.
Selangor CID chief SAC Mohd Adnan Abdullah said, the suspects detained were youths aged between 15 and 21.
Newspapers today reported almost 30 students of the school were attacked by a group of youths armed with sticks, iron, batons and helmets which caused severe injury to 10 students and a Senior Assistant teacher in the 12.30pm incident yesterday.
"All of the students and the teacher were reported in stable condition and receiving treatment at the Cheras Columbia Asia Hospital," he told Bernama, here, today.
He said, all of the suspects did not have previous criminal records and they were tested negative for drugs.
He said all of the suspects were remanded until next Tuesday and the police were still investigating the motive for the attack and the remaining suspects. -- Bernama