- MISSING MH370 : MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MISSING MH370 : Relatives, friends to gather at Beijing hotel
- MISSING MH370 : Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- MISSING MH370 : Statement from MAS chief executive
- MISSING MH370 : List of missing passengers
- MISSING MH370 : Previous MAS crashes and near misses
- MISSING MH370 : Public urged not to speculate news
- MISSING MH370 : Pix gallery
- MISSING MH370 : Plane has been missing for 13 hours now
- Anwar guilty of sodomy, gets five years jail
- MISSING MH370 : Family members keep vigil at KLIA
- MISSING MH370 : Pilot is Capt Zaharie Ahmad Shah
- MISSING MH370 : MAS refutes claims aircraft ran out of fuel
- MISSING MH370 : Nationalities of 239 passengers and crew
- MISSING MH370: Tears and fury as relatives wait for news of airliner More
'Most internal problems faced by Umno resolved'
ROMPIN -- Most internal problems faced by Umno's divisions nationwide had been resolved, said Umno vice-president Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
He said it was made possible through cooperation from all leaders, from the president down to the branch chiefs, who went down to the field to iron out issues.
In Perak, for example, he said their defeat in the 12th General Election in 2008 was the result of internal problems which occurred in seven state constituencies.
"Now, only 10 per cent of the areas have problems...hopefully, new problems will not arise when candidates are chosen," Ahmad Zahid told reporters after opening the Rompin Umno divison delegates meeting here today.
Also present were Rompin Member of Parliament and Rompin Umno division chief, Datuk Seri Dr Jamaluddin Jarjis, and Muadzam Shah assemblyman Datuk Maznah Mazlan.