- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- No extension — It’s 60 from July 1
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- Four die in 4-vehicle crash
- Preparing for the politics of change
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- Couple want missing daughter to return home
- Fadillah: Priority for Pan Borneo highway upgrade
- Faiq overcomes the odds
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader More
'Most internal problems faced by Umno resolved'
ROMPIN -- Most internal problems faced by Umno's divisions nationwide had been resolved, said Umno vice-president Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
He said it was made possible through cooperation from all leaders, from the president down to the branch chiefs, who went down to the field to iron out issues.
In Perak, for example, he said their defeat in the 12th General Election in 2008 was the result of internal problems which occurred in seven state constituencies.
"Now, only 10 per cent of the areas have problems...hopefully, new problems will not arise when candidates are chosen," Ahmad Zahid told reporters after opening the Rompin Umno divison delegates meeting here today.
Also present were Rompin Member of Parliament and Rompin Umno division chief, Datuk Seri Dr Jamaluddin Jarjis, and Muadzam Shah assemblyman Datuk Maznah Mazlan.