- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- 2013 SEA GAMES: 8th day results involving Malaysia
- Mandela family 'humbled' by thousands turning out in cold, rain
- Tears as Mandela lies in state
- Najib leaves for Tokyo
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Three nations close to joining Chemical Weapons Convention
- 11 commando trainees, 2 instructors to get Pingat Gagah Berani
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- RTD confiscates 24 vehicles in joint ops
- Mukhriz launches Ansara Club
- Why judge those who help sincerely?
- Demolished without any warning More
'Most internal problems faced by Umno resolved'
ROMPIN -- Most internal problems faced by Umno's divisions nationwide had been resolved, said Umno vice-president Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
He said it was made possible through cooperation from all leaders, from the president down to the branch chiefs, who went down to the field to iron out issues.
In Perak, for example, he said their defeat in the 12th General Election in 2008 was the result of internal problems which occurred in seven state constituencies.
"Now, only 10 per cent of the areas have problems...hopefully, new problems will not arise when candidates are chosen," Ahmad Zahid told reporters after opening the Rompin Umno divison delegates meeting here today.
Also present were Rompin Member of Parliament and Rompin Umno division chief, Datuk Seri Dr Jamaluddin Jarjis, and Muadzam Shah assemblyman Datuk Maznah Mazlan.