- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Police capable of handling gathering in PJ - Ahmad Zahid
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- Soccer: I got carried away with QPR, says ’naive’ Fernandes
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Judge orders Philadelphia faith-healing couple held in son’s death
- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- Thousands throng temples nationwide
- Paul Low resigns as Transparency International Malaysia president
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- Pakatan rally at Dataran PJ
- Opposition agreed to hold peaceful gatherings but did opposite - Zahid More
PUTRAJAYA: Hasiah alias Halijah Ahmad, mother of Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Jamil Khir Baharom, died today. She was 71.
Hasiah passed away after the Subuh prayers at the home of Jamil Khir, her eldest son, at No. 8, Jalan 5-12 C, Kg Batu Muda, 4-1/2 mile Jalan Ipoh, said
the minister's press secretary, Maj Suleiman Moideen.
She leaves behind three children, he said when contacted by Bernama.
Suleiman said Hasiah would be buried at the Raudahtul Sakinah cemetery in Kg Batu Muda after the Zohor prayers. -- BERNAMA