- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Respect rule of law, Karpal urged
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- “I thought I knew him...”
- Mother and two-month-old baby died in after ramming into an electric pole
- 14 arrested for corruption offences
- Investments up 44%
- Three people killed in road accident
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn More
Mother of two-year-old among 5 drug traffickers held
KUALA LUMPUR: A 24-year-old mother was among five suspected drug traffickers detained during three raids in the city while ganja, syabu and heroin worth RM100,000 was seized.
Kuala Lumpur Narcotics Department chief ACP Wan Abdullah Ishak said three people, including a husband and wife couple, were detained in the first raid carried out at 5.45pm on Tuesday at the Sentul Pasar flats while 8.856kg of ganja was seized together with RM1,245 cash.
In a follow up raid after the arrest of the couple who have a two-year-old child, police seized 3.9kg of ganja and 150 grams of syabu from another unit at the same flats and detained a 32-year-old suspect plus RM15,000 cash and two bullet proof vests.
Yesterday, police found 936 grams of heroin worth RM24,000 after inspecting a Myvi car at Lorong Raja Uda, Kampung Bharu at 8.25pm while a man aged 22 was also detained, he said. -- BERNAMA