- 'We are ready to move forward'
- Low aims for bold anti-graft measures
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- Clean water supply in Selangor, KL steadily decreasing: Syabas
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Japan's elderly not acting their age
- Chef detained in connection with wife's murder
- Ferguson praises 'amazing' Beckham's longevity
- Cool, cool hills
- Cop, restaurant worker slashed More
Motorcyclist killed after colliding with 4WD vehicle
KUANTAN: A motorcyclist was killed when his machine collided with a four-wheel drive vehicle at Kilometre 24 Jalan Jerantut-Kota Gelanggi, near Jerantut, yesterday.
Pahang Administrative/Traffic enforcement officer, ASP Zainalabidin Othman, said Evy Nor Edwat Asuwat Laile, 19, from Felda Kota Gelanggi 3, sustained serious head injury and died at the scene.
The crash occurred about 3.30pm while the victim, believed to be riding at high speed towards Jerantut from Kota Gelanggi, failed to overtake a car and crashed into the 4WD, he added.
He said the 4WD driver, Alif Haikal Akmal Kamaruddin, 22, from Taman Temerloh Jaya, was not injured in the crash. -- BERNAMA