- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- Bangladesh Islamist to be hanged after midnight
- China sex workers face 'harsh' detention: rights group
- Singapore Riot : Malaysia always in state of prepareness
- Undentified lorry driver flees after hit-and-run crash
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- Take photo at counter
- Ministry forms panel for PISA
- Netanyahu missing Mandela memorial for cost reasons: media
- First catenary traffic light launched
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Thousands questioned in widening crackdown after Singapore riot More
Muhyiddin attends wedding of Nasharudin Mat Isa's daughter
Bangi: Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin today attended the wedding of the eldest daughter of former PAS deputy president Nasharudin Mat Isa in Bandar Bukit Mahkota here.
The deputy prime minister, who arrived at 3.40pm, spent about 30 minutes chatting and feasting with the couple, Nusaibah Nasharudin, 25, and Mohd Nazri Husain, 27, and their respective families, and posing for photographs with them.
Also seen at the ceremony were Minister in the Prime Minister's Department, Datuk Seri Mohamed Nazri Abdul Aziz, Dewan Negara president Tan Sri Abu Zahar Ujang, Dewan Rakyat Deputy Speaker Ronald Kiandee, Umno Youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin and former Selangor PAS Commissioner and Jalur Tiga (Jati) president Datuk Dr Hasan Ali.
Nasharudin, who is also Bachok member of parliament, told reporters he was grateful to Muhyiddin and several other guests over their presence at his daughter's wedding, despite their differing political ideologies.
He said the invitation to the deputy prime minister was made about two months ago, and his attendance was confirmed almost immediately.
Nusaibah, the eldest of five siblings, is now studying for a degree in education at the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia while her husband is an architect. -- Bernama