- Rep: Recall all ICs from Project IC
- Nearly 1,000 villagers in Sibu left homeless in fire
- Singapore smog breaches 'hazardous' level
- Disabled woman, US child held captive with snakes
- One of 3 HK tourists injured in KK train accident, dies
- Singapore, Indonesia to hold talks on smog crisis
- Tests find no trace of body tissue from wreckage
- New MERS virus spreads easily, deadlier than SARS
- Baby abuse case: Yuliana was sane during incident, says report
- Britain's William and Kate do not know sex of royal baby
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- Hawker's family views CCTV clip
- HK tourists hurt in train vs cars crash in KK
- Teen country singer Bradbery captures ’The Voice’ season crown
- Paris tackles rudeness to tourists with new manual More
Musa: Najib has proven his capability in managing country
KUDAT: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak who has only been helming the country for three years, has proven his capability in managing the country well, said Sabah Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman.
He said the proof included the many programmes that benefited the people that Najib had introduced, such as the 1Malaysia concept, Government Transformation Programme, Economic Transformation Programme, National Key Result Areas and National Key Economic Areas.
Besides that, he said, the federal government had also introduced the 1Malaysia Clinic, Kedai Rakyat 1Malaysia (KR1M), Menu Rakyat 1Malaysia (MR1M), Program Kebajikan Rakyat 1Malaysia (PRIMA) and Skim Amanah Rakyat 1Malaysia (SARA 1Malaysia).
"Now the Bantuan Rakyat 1Malaysia (BR1M) is being given out which I believe has also benefited many people in Kudat.
"There are also the RM100 schooling aid and RM200 book voucher for students. All these are for lessening the financial burden of the people, particularly the lower-income group," he said in his speech at a gathering with community leaders in the Kudat zone, here, today.
Musa said the prime minister had also channelled a huge allocaton for Sabah including for education, security, health, agriculture, the economy and rural development.
He said the Barisan Nasional (BN) government had a good track record in terms of achievements, with many development projects and programmes implemented in the interest of the people.
"We have been recognised by visiting foreign leaders who were highly impressed with the country's development and prosperity, as well as harmony among the people," he added.
Musa said the BN government would continue to think about and implement more development programmes, as well as fulfil its promises to further develop Sabah.
"The coming general election is very important for the future of the country and people.
"Therefore, don't choose wrongly, don't gamble your future just to serve the personal interests of a certain leader," he told the people here. -- BERNAMA