- Man sorry for assault on wife
- FLOOD: Flood victims at relief centres exceed 50,000
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- 11,000 go without power in Terengganu
- DELIGHTFUL READ
- Malaysia's national economic transformation initiatives won world's accolades
- SHOWBIZ: More than OK
- Jln Cenderawasih permanently closed since Nov 15: DBKL
- Tribute to King of Thailand
- Residents in Kuantan resuming daily routine
- Indian court orders fresh trial for Bollywood's Khan
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Why Umno must embrace social media faster
- East Timorese stone Australian embassy in spying row More
Mustapa: Take advantage of strong economy to strengthen unity
TANAH MERAH: The people should take advantage of the strong economy in the country to further strengthen unity, said International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed.
He said the peaceful and stable environment in Malaysia, as compared to several other countries, made the country a focus of local and foreign investors.
"With the nation's economy in good health, it pays for us forge better ties rather than antagonise one another," he told reporters at an Aidilfitri open house at his residence in Kemahang, here, today.
About 10,000 guests at the open house were feted with various delicacies such as "lemang" and "rendang".
Mustapha, who is Kelantan Umno Liaison Committee chairman, said the strong position of the economy was the result of the government's high commitment in implementing the Government Transformation Programme, Economic Transformation Programme and Political Transformation Programme initiated by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak. -- BERNAMA