- Muhyiddin: Arrest of 3 meant to safeguard peace
- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- New passport improvement
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Siti Hanisah conquers world's highest peak
- Suspicion grows over swift selection of MB
- Probe into teachers using social websites to slander govt - Ahmad Said
- End near if self denial continues More
Mustapa: Take advantage of strong economy to strengthen unity
TANAH MERAH: The people should take advantage of the strong economy in the country to further strengthen unity, said International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed.
He said the peaceful and stable environment in Malaysia, as compared to several other countries, made the country a focus of local and foreign investors.
"With the nation's economy in good health, it pays for us forge better ties rather than antagonise one another," he told reporters at an Aidilfitri open house at his residence in Kemahang, here, today.
About 10,000 guests at the open house were feted with various delicacies such as "lemang" and "rendang".
Mustapha, who is Kelantan Umno Liaison Committee chairman, said the strong position of the economy was the result of the government's high commitment in implementing the Government Transformation Programme, Economic Transformation Programme and Political Transformation Programme initiated by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak. -- BERNAMA