- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- Chef detained in connection with wife's murder
- New Xbox more than a game console
- Clean water supply in Selangor, KL steadily decreasing: Syabas
- MCA: Unwise not to join cabinet
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Bumiputeras can now afford to be involved in equity investments: Shahrir
- Malaysia can become great through balanced education: Idris
- 6 people injured in bomb explosion in Sg Golok
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Bollywood bad boy Dutt held in 'terrorist' jail cell: report
- Youth slashed to death at karaoke centre
- Khairy set on 'breaking down walls' More
'My Rapid Transit project won't affect BB Plaza'
KUALA LUMPUR: The My Rapid Transit project will not affect the Bukit Bintang Plaza building, said Mass Rapid Transit Corp Sdn Bhd (MRT Corp) chief executive officer, Datuk Azhar Abdul Hamid.
He said MRT Corp would build the station independently without the integration with BB Plaza and the Yayasan Selangor building.
"We also have issued formal notices to the other private property owners in the Bukit Bintang area to inform them of the matter," he told a media briefing on the MRT V3 viaduct work package here today.
However, Azhar said, work on the station would probably involve discussions with the owners of BB Plaza and Yayasan Selangor.
"We are awaiting responses from them. They acknowledge that it is a golden opportunity for them to integrate with the station, as it will enhance the value of their properties and the location" he said.
Azhar said if the owners of BB Plaza and Yayasan Selangor wanted to integrate with the station, their buildings needed to be re-developed.
"However, for us, we don’t want to delay the project and will proceed to construct the Bukit Bintang station independently, to make sure we can deliver the project on time, by July 2017," he said.
On the V3 viaduct work package worth RM816 million awarded to Mudajaya Corp in June, he said work would start this month.
"Of the eight viaduct work packages offered by MRT Corp, seven had been awarded. The remaining package, V8 (Taman Mesra-Kajang), is expected to be awarded at the end of August this year," he said. -- BERNAMA