- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- Atheists are good if they do good, Pope Francis says
- Three people killed in road accident
- Police: 1 dead, 2 injured in attack in London
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Officials: Suspect lunged at FBI agent with knife More
Myanmar couple charged with injuring fellow countryman
KUALA LUMPUR: A Myanmar refugee couple were charged at the magistrate’s court yesterday with causing hurt to their friend.
Gardener Abdul Rashid Mohd Ali, and his cleaner wife, Tohiyah Kassim, both 35, were alleged to have beaten Sultan Kasim, also a Myanmar refugee, using a 40-inch steel pipe at the foyer area of the Kampung Baru Air Panas flats in Setapak about 10.30am on Aug 13.
They pleaded not guilty.
Magistrate Azmil Muntapha Abas set bail at RM2,000 with one local surety for each accused pending mention on Octr 18.
Inspector Zuraimi Kamarozzaman prosecuted while counsel Amirul Ridzuan Hanif represented the accused.