- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Pix Gallery Day 2
- MISSING MH370: Debris near Tho Chu island not from MH370
- MISSING MH370: Search in coastal areas
- MISSING MH370: Fake passport bearers bought tickets together
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Radar showed missing plane may have turned back
- MISSING MH370: Thai police target 'passport ring' in vanished flight probe
- MISSING MH370: Love and support for Capt Zaharie fills social media
- MISSING MH370: Disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters
- MISSING MH370: MAS to fly Chinese families to KL
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: US dispatch two ships, aircraft to assist SAR operation
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot family awaits for latest updates
- MISSING MH370: Malaysia welcomes SAR assistance from other countries More
N. Sembilan state executive councillors take oath of office
KUALA PILAH: Ten assemblymen, including seven new faces, were sworn in as Negeri Sembilan state executive councillors before the Yang Dipertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan Tuanku Muhriz Tuanku Munawir at the Istana Besar Seri Menanti here today.
The seven newcomers were Ampangan assemblyman Abu Ubaidah Redza, Datuk Jalaluddin Alias (Pertang), Abd Razak Ab Said (Gemas) Datuk Zaifulbahri Idris(Chembong), Tun Hairudin Abu Bakar (Bagan Pinang), Datuk Norhayati Omar (Pilah) and L.Manickam (Jeram Padang).
Three assemblymen, who were reappointed as state executive councillors, were Datuk Ismail Lasim (Senaling), Datuk Hasim Rusdi (Labu) and Datuk Shamsulkahar Mohd Deli (Serting).
After receiving letters of appointment from Tuanku Muhriz, the state executive councillors signed an oath of office.
The state executive councillors are expected to know their portfolios at the first state executive council meeting chaired by Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan this afternoon.
In his speech, Tuanku Muhriz urged the state executive councillors to workas a team to develop the state and shoulder their responsibility with determination, honesty and transparency, and not to betray the trust given.
"With this appointment, I believe you will ensure that all external involvement such as business interests will be given up for the position entrusted is not to be abused for personal interest," he said.
Present were the Tunku Ampuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan Tuanku Aishah RohaniTengku Besar Mahmud, Undang Luak Sungai Ujong Datuk Mubarak Dohak, Undang LuakRembau Datuk Muhamad Sharip Othman, the menteri besar and State Secretary Datuk Mat Ali Hassan. -- BERNAMA