- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- Tun M: Why keep the Causeway?
- Karpal Singh's Death: PM extends his condolences to family members
- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- Latest: More than 300 people missing after South Korea ferry sinks
- Karpal Singh's Death: " Penang had lost a son," says Lim Guan Eng
- MH370 Tragedy: Anwar hits out at Singapore for supporting Malaysia
- MH370 Tragedy: Robot sub makes first complete search
- 54-year-old man first M'sian to die from MERS
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's body arrives in Penang residence More
N. Sembilan state executive councillors take oath of office
KUALA PILAH: Ten assemblymen, including seven new faces, were sworn in as Negeri Sembilan state executive councillors before the Yang Dipertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan Tuanku Muhriz Tuanku Munawir at the Istana Besar Seri Menanti here today.
The seven newcomers were Ampangan assemblyman Abu Ubaidah Redza, Datuk Jalaluddin Alias (Pertang), Abd Razak Ab Said (Gemas) Datuk Zaifulbahri Idris(Chembong), Tun Hairudin Abu Bakar (Bagan Pinang), Datuk Norhayati Omar (Pilah) and L.Manickam (Jeram Padang).
Three assemblymen, who were reappointed as state executive councillors, were Datuk Ismail Lasim (Senaling), Datuk Hasim Rusdi (Labu) and Datuk Shamsulkahar Mohd Deli (Serting).
After receiving letters of appointment from Tuanku Muhriz, the state executive councillors signed an oath of office.
The state executive councillors are expected to know their portfolios at the first state executive council meeting chaired by Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan this afternoon.
In his speech, Tuanku Muhriz urged the state executive councillors to workas a team to develop the state and shoulder their responsibility with determination, honesty and transparency, and not to betray the trust given.
"With this appointment, I believe you will ensure that all external involvement such as business interests will be given up for the position entrusted is not to be abused for personal interest," he said.
Present were the Tunku Ampuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan Tuanku Aishah RohaniTengku Besar Mahmud, Undang Luak Sungai Ujong Datuk Mubarak Dohak, Undang LuakRembau Datuk Muhamad Sharip Othman, the menteri besar and State Secretary Datuk Mat Ali Hassan. -- BERNAMA