- Anwar's creepy cameo
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Death of Mandela: Passing of a great leader
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- FLOOD: Flood victims at relief centres exceed 50,000
- Floods fail to deter couple
- 'Cult followers may be out for more hits'
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Tribute to King of Thailand
- PM's speech inspirational, motivating'
- Indian court orders fresh trial for Bollywood's Khan
- Jln Cenderawasih permanently closed since Nov 15: DBKL
- 11,000 go without power in Terengganu
- European storm turns deadly, threatens huge tidal surge More
N. Sembilan state executive councillors take oath of office
KUALA PILAH: Ten assemblymen, including seven new faces, were sworn in as Negeri Sembilan state executive councillors before the Yang Dipertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan Tuanku Muhriz Tuanku Munawir at the Istana Besar Seri Menanti here today.
The seven newcomers were Ampangan assemblyman Abu Ubaidah Redza, Datuk Jalaluddin Alias (Pertang), Abd Razak Ab Said (Gemas) Datuk Zaifulbahri Idris(Chembong), Tun Hairudin Abu Bakar (Bagan Pinang), Datuk Norhayati Omar (Pilah) and L.Manickam (Jeram Padang).
Three assemblymen, who were reappointed as state executive councillors, were Datuk Ismail Lasim (Senaling), Datuk Hasim Rusdi (Labu) and Datuk Shamsulkahar Mohd Deli (Serting).
After receiving letters of appointment from Tuanku Muhriz, the state executive councillors signed an oath of office.
The state executive councillors are expected to know their portfolios at the first state executive council meeting chaired by Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan this afternoon.
In his speech, Tuanku Muhriz urged the state executive councillors to workas a team to develop the state and shoulder their responsibility with determination, honesty and transparency, and not to betray the trust given.
"With this appointment, I believe you will ensure that all external involvement such as business interests will be given up for the position entrusted is not to be abused for personal interest," he said.
Present were the Tunku Ampuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan Tuanku Aishah RohaniTengku Besar Mahmud, Undang Luak Sungai Ujong Datuk Mubarak Dohak, Undang LuakRembau Datuk Muhamad Sharip Othman, the menteri besar and State Secretary Datuk Mat Ali Hassan. -- BERNAMA