- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London
- IGP: Zero tolerance for street crimes
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- Atheists are good if they do good, Pope Francis says
- Three people killed in road accident
- Police: 1 dead, 2 injured in attack in London
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader More
Najib arrives in Sarawak interior for Gawai festival
BETONG (Sarawak): Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak arrived here in the interior of Sarawak today to join the Dayak people in celebrating their annual "Gawai" (harvest) festival.
Najib is scheduled to meet the people from the longhouses, villages and nearby towns and join in the festivities here and in Pakan and Julau.
Sarawak Chief Minister Tan Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud, Deputy Chief Minister Tan Sri Alfred Jabu and other state leaders will join Najib on the tour.
Najib's first stop is the Dewan Tan Sri Datuk Amar Stephen Kalong Ningkan here where he is scheduled to meet about 3,000 people.
Then, he will proceed to the George Chungut longhouse in Pakan and the Jana anak Sweng longhouse in Batu Matup, Julau.
The prime minister is scheduled to return to Kuala Lumpur from Sibu in the late evening. -- BERNAMA