- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- Bangladesh Islamist to be hanged after midnight
- Take photo at counter
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- China sex workers face 'harsh' detention: rights group
- Singapore Riot : Malaysia always in state of prepareness
- Undentified lorry driver flees after hit-and-run crash
- Ministry forms panel for PISA
- Thousands questioned in widening crackdown after Singapore riot
- RTD officer, suspect in heavy machinery theft, detained
- Netanyahu missing Mandela memorial for cost reasons: media More
Najib attends Umno and BN Wangsa maju Hari Raya Open House
KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak last night attended the Umno and Barisan Nasional (BN) Wangsa Maju Hari Raya open house.
He was greeted by local resident from all walks of life at the function held at Kebangsaan Danau Kota.
At the function, Najib who is also the Umno president handed over a contribution of RM20,000 to Masjid Salahud din Al-Ayubi, Taman Melati as well as to 53 people from the Wangsa Maju constituency to perform their Haj.
Among those present were Federal Territories and Well Being Minister Datuk Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin Malacca Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam, People’s Progressive Part president Datuk M.Kayveas and Umno veteran Tan Sri Sabaruddin Chik.
Earlier, Najib took about 30 minutes from his busy sched ule to attend Bank Negara Malaysia's open house here.
Najib was accompanied by his wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor.
He was seen chatting with the central bank's governor, Tan Sri Dr Zeti Akhtar Aziz as well as former MIDA chairman Tan Sri Sulaiman Mahbob.
More than 200 guests from the corporate world attended the open house. - Bernama