- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MH370 Tragedy: Cyclone threatens to disrupt search
- Gruesome discovery by shopping couple; dead teen tied in a chair
- Playtime turns to horror as iron rod pierces boy’s cheek
- 6 cars damaged, roofs flown away during storm in PJ
- S.Korea ferry incident: More bodies from ship; transcript reveals wavering
- MH192: Passengers express relief and gratitude to heroic pilot
- MH192: MAS given 2 days to furnish cabinet with report
- MH192 Update: Aircraft lands safely at KLIA
- MH370 Tragedy: Sub search two-third complete
- MISSING MH370: Debris found at Straits of Malacca
- Reports say Moyes' term nearing end at Man United
- Teen survives five-hour flight in airplane wheel well
- Selamat datang to Malaysia, Mr President
- Three dead in 4-car accident in Klang More
Najib flags off Malaysian superbikers on 1Malaysia global tour
LONDON: The five Malaysian superbikers on a '1Malaysia World Endurance Ride 2013' took a break today for the chance to meet with Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak who is on a week-long visit to the United Kingdom.
Najib later flagged off the team comprising team director Datuk Zamri Mohamed, 49, school teacher Rosmadi Saad, 44, police officer Mohd Ariffin Idris, 53, and two company managing directors, Datuk Mohd Azhari Jemaon, 39, and Mohd Faizal Sukree, 36.
They have been on the road since the tour was launched by Najib in Kuala Lumpur on June 13.
Since then, the men have crossed over 28 countries and are now embarking on the second leg of the tour from Buenos Aires, touring South America for 61 days before entering North America. They will then head for New York.
They are expected to complete the gruelling 55,000km tour covering 40 countries next February.
Once completed, the feat will set a new world record in circling the globe on motorcycles.
The tour was launched to promote moderation and tolerance among people of diverse faith and culture.
It is also to promote the principles of Global Movement of Moderates which is founded by Najib who is also a patron for the tour project, and to promote Malaysia as the choice tourist destination.
The project's main sponsors are Bank Rakyat and BMW Malaysia among others and is organised by Yayasan Wangsa Perdana.