- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: Fishermen find life raft near PD
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggests 6 reasons for disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam scales down SAR
- MISSING MH370: Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- MISSING MH370: China says SAR efforts expanded to land areas
- MISSING MH370: Military says missing jet changed course
- MISSING MH370: 600,000 scan satellites images for clues More
Najib flags off Malaysian superbikers on 1Malaysia global tour
LONDON: The five Malaysian superbikers on a '1Malaysia World Endurance Ride 2013' took a break today for the chance to meet with Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak who is on a week-long visit to the United Kingdom.
Najib later flagged off the team comprising team director Datuk Zamri Mohamed, 49, school teacher Rosmadi Saad, 44, police officer Mohd Ariffin Idris, 53, and two company managing directors, Datuk Mohd Azhari Jemaon, 39, and Mohd Faizal Sukree, 36.
They have been on the road since the tour was launched by Najib in Kuala Lumpur on June 13.
Since then, the men have crossed over 28 countries and are now embarking on the second leg of the tour from Buenos Aires, touring South America for 61 days before entering North America. They will then head for New York.
They are expected to complete the gruelling 55,000km tour covering 40 countries next February.
Once completed, the feat will set a new world record in circling the globe on motorcycles.
The tour was launched to promote moderation and tolerance among people of diverse faith and culture.
It is also to promote the principles of Global Movement of Moderates which is founded by Najib who is also a patron for the tour project, and to promote Malaysia as the choice tourist destination.
The project's main sponsors are Bank Rakyat and BMW Malaysia among others and is organised by Yayasan Wangsa Perdana.