- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- Teenage boy drowns after getting trapped in quicksand
- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- 17 shoplots gutted in morning blaze
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- First catenary traffic light launched
- Spanish 'ghost' airport goes up for sale
- 5 killed in crash
- Petronas reports major gas find
- House owners return to begin the big clean-up
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- Neocolonialism of our place names More
KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak today received a courtesy call from the new Chief Secretary to the Government Datuk Seri Dr Ali Hamsa who officially started his duties today.
The meeting took place at the prime minister's office in Parliament building, here.
Ali, 57, takes over the post from Tan Sri Mohd Sidek Hassan whose term of service ended yesterday.
Before this, he was director-general of the Public-Private Partnership Unit (UKAS) under the Prime Minister's Department.
Ali is scheduled to call on Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin at the latter's office in Parliament building this afternoon. -- BERNAMA