- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Fake passport bearers bought tickets together
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- MISSING MH370: PM: Govt will review all protocols, upgrade KLIA's security
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Debris near Tho Chu island not from MH370
- MISSING MH370: Chinese passengers family members arrive at KLIA
- Kids begged father not to go
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: Search in coastal areas
- MISSING MH370: US dispatch two ships, aircraft to assist SAR operation
- MISSING MH370: Hijacking not ruled out
- Chong Wei is king again
- MISSING MH370: Pix Gallery Day 2 More
TANJUNG DAWAI: Prime Minister Datuk Sri Mohd Najib Tun Razak arrived in Tanjung Dawai, a fishing settlement, at about 9.55am today fora working visit to Kedah.
More than 2,000 residents, school students and fishermen led by Merbok Umn oDivision chief and Merbok constituency coordinator Datuk Tajul Urus Md Zin and Barisan Nasional (BN) party component members were on hand to greet Najib on his arrival.
Also there to welcome the Prime Minister were Deputy Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Minister Datuk Wira Mohd Johari Baharom and International Trade and Industry Deputy Minister Datuk Mukhriz Tun Dr Mahathir.
Upon arrival Najib had a walkabout around Tanjung Dawai and mingled with the locals and traders there.
He also visited the family of Kong Ah Mooi, 88, a trader who died lastMonday, before having breakfast with locals at the Tanjung Dawai Mara Arcade.
The Prime Minister was served delicacies such as 'peknga' (made from flourand coconut), gedung chak (made from glutinous rice flour and coconut), 'pulut inti' and 'gula hangus'.
The dishes were prepared by chef Mohd Shaifuddin Rosli from Giat Mara Merbok.
Najib then headed to Pantai Merdeka to attend the launching of the KedahFarmers, Breeders and Fishermen Assembly programme by riding a Marine Police boat from Tanjung Dawai, escorted by 40 fishing boats.
In the evening he is scheduled to attend the launch the New Langkawi Marketing and Branding ceremony with Pulau Tuba residents, launch of the 1Malaysia People's Clinic and visit a Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) Sub Station in Langkawi before leaving for Kuala Lumpur. -- BERNAMA