- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Tun M: Why keep the Causeway?
- Latest: More than 300 people missing after South Korea ferry sinks
- Karpal Singh's Death: PM extends his condolences to family members
- 54-year-old man first M'sian to die from MERS
- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- MH370 Tragedy: Anwar hits out at Singapore for supporting Malaysia
- MH370 Tragedy: Mini-sub aborts again
- Karpal Singh's Death: Mukhriz extends his heartfelt condolences
- Russia rules artist who nailed scrotum to Red Square 'committed no crime'
- Karpal Singh's Death: " Penang had lost a son," says Lim Guan Eng
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Fears grow for hundreds missing
- MH370 Tragedy: American Navy ship involved in SAR docks at Westport More
TANJUNG DAWAI: Prime Minister Datuk Sri Mohd Najib Tun Razak arrived in Tanjung Dawai, a fishing settlement, at about 9.55am today fora working visit to Kedah.
More than 2,000 residents, school students and fishermen led by Merbok Umn oDivision chief and Merbok constituency coordinator Datuk Tajul Urus Md Zin and Barisan Nasional (BN) party component members were on hand to greet Najib on his arrival.
Also there to welcome the Prime Minister were Deputy Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Minister Datuk Wira Mohd Johari Baharom and International Trade and Industry Deputy Minister Datuk Mukhriz Tun Dr Mahathir.
Upon arrival Najib had a walkabout around Tanjung Dawai and mingled with the locals and traders there.
He also visited the family of Kong Ah Mooi, 88, a trader who died lastMonday, before having breakfast with locals at the Tanjung Dawai Mara Arcade.
The Prime Minister was served delicacies such as 'peknga' (made from flourand coconut), gedung chak (made from glutinous rice flour and coconut), 'pulut inti' and 'gula hangus'.
The dishes were prepared by chef Mohd Shaifuddin Rosli from Giat Mara Merbok.
Najib then headed to Pantai Merdeka to attend the launching of the KedahFarmers, Breeders and Fishermen Assembly programme by riding a Marine Police boat from Tanjung Dawai, escorted by 40 fishing boats.
In the evening he is scheduled to attend the launch the New Langkawi Marketing and Branding ceremony with Pulau Tuba residents, launch of the 1Malaysia People's Clinic and visit a Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) Sub Station in Langkawi before leaving for Kuala Lumpur. -- BERNAMA