- 'Errant drivers are cheating the system'
- Kidnapped Taiwanese tourist rescued by Philippines security forces
- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- Indonesian Muslims protest Christmas in Aceh
- MCA 2013 : Timeline
- Chinese billionaire missing after France helicopter 'crash'
- Mourinho feels the heat
- I listen to people's plight, says Najib
- Firemen rescue 152 children, teens trapped on Bukit Broga
- Five Indian policemen accused of gangraping teenager
- Wisma Putra's dilemma
- Kidnapped Taiwan woman returns home
- SEA GAMES: Women's football squad miss bronze, lose 0-6 to Myanmar
- 9 concessionaires being considered for toll rate review
- After 50 years Cubans can now buy, sell cars More
PUTRAJAYA: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and his wife Catherine, attended a luncheon hosted by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor at Seri Perdana, here, today.
Also present were Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and his wife Puan Sri Norainee Abdul Rahman.
Before the luncheon began, the royal couple were introduced by the prime minister to local fruits such as the durian, jackfruit, cempedak and soursop.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are in Malaysia on a four-day visit on behalf of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in conjunction with the celebration to mark the 60-year reign of the Queen.
The royal couple were scheduled to later visit Hospis Malaysia, a charitable organisation which offers professional palliative care to patients suffering from life-limiting illnesses.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are also expected to have an audience with Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah and Raja Permaisuri Agong Tuanku Hajah Haminah, and attend a royal dinner at Istana Negara this evening. -- BERNAMA