- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- Malaysians easy target for London tricksters
- Guan Eng: State govt has the right to hold rally
- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Esplanade gathering organiser hauled up
- Taiwan, Japan, Denmark in Sudirman Cup quarterfinals
- Retired Anglican priest convicted of sex abuse
- Four die in 4-vehicle crash
- Water supply in KL restored: Syabas
- Husband's friend held over housewife's death
- Taiwan fighter jet crashes, 2nd in a week
- Pepsi to march in, as foreign troops leave Afghanistan More
PUTRAJAYA: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and his wife Catherine, attended a luncheon hosted by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor at Seri Perdana, here, today.
Also present were Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and his wife Puan Sri Norainee Abdul Rahman.
Before the luncheon began, the royal couple were introduced by the prime minister to local fruits such as the durian, jackfruit, cempedak and soursop.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are in Malaysia on a four-day visit on behalf of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in conjunction with the celebration to mark the 60-year reign of the Queen.
The royal couple were scheduled to later visit Hospis Malaysia, a charitable organisation which offers professional palliative care to patients suffering from life-limiting illnesses.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are also expected to have an audience with Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah and Raja Permaisuri Agong Tuanku Hajah Haminah, and attend a royal dinner at Istana Negara this evening. -- BERNAMA